Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Glass Heaven

So yesterday I made a short trip to German Village and I think I stopped in heaven.
Oh how I love glass....
I don't know why.
I LOVE glass.
I love the colors. Even the clear glass is wonderful.
I love the way it feels.
I love it in sheet form.
I REALLY love HOT glass.
I want it all.
I love that place.
glass. glass. glass.
blue glass. DARK blue glass. COBALT.
RED glass. REALLY DARK RED glass. ooooohh.
amber glass.
hhhmmmmmmm.
I LOVE GLASS.
It was a great trip.
Be sure to visit Franklin Art Glass.
They sell glass.
LOTS of glass.

1 comment:

Tamarra said...

Oh, me too! Big surprise. I'll have to tell you about all of the old glass I love. I really love watching anything having to do with the production and shaping from flat to blown, to cut...anything you can do to it, really.
I especially love older, even ancient glass. I am quite fond of the deeper shades of aqua. And then, there's my favorite... Amethyst. They used to put manganese into plain old soda glass to give it a clear and colorless appearance. But, the beauty of it is that the more the glass is exposed to sunlight, the more the color changes...first a light pinkish hue, the a progressively deeper violet...it's really lovely. well, I could go on, but I'll save that for later.

About Me

happily married 20 yrs., 5 children, dogs(5), cats(6), parrotts(2).