Friday, October 3, 2008

always having fun....

So why is it that as we age, we adopt the belief that "fun" should be left behind in our youth ? I mean the kind of silly fun that you have when youre a kid. Bubbles. Coloring books. Playing with Play-dough. Slumber parties. eat dry cereal out of the box. Laying in the grass looking at the stars. Playing in the rain. Eating with your fingers and licking off the gooey stuff....thats fun... people with little kids allow themselves to have this kind of fun- but only for a little while- because all too soon, it's time to "set a good example" and teach them the rules of "how to behave". ofcourse, it is important that we KNOW how to behave. But do we have to do it ALL of the time ? Can't we ALLOW OURSELVES those little moments to just have some fun...play a little...find that little kid inside....
I'll tell you a secret...I do it everyday. I PLAY ALL DAY. It makes my husband so proud. My kids think that I've lost my mind. (I love that by the way- they're teenagers- they SO deserve it...).
With the stress and pressure in our everyday lives this is what we need to-
NO-
must give back to ourselves- the ability to PLAY- have FUN.
You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

About Me

happily married 20 yrs., 5 children, dogs(5), cats(6), parrotts(2).