Saturday, September 27, 2008

One World.....

so this whole "internet" thing is relatively new to me. I didn't pick up on all of this when the rest of the world did, infact, I have just recently learned how to email with any success and I can almost always find my own website...you might say I'm a little behind the times--still a pencil and paper girl. But one thing I have come to LOVE is the ability to meet new people from all over the world who share a similiar creative spirit. I met linda, who lives in Las Vegas and just sent some Beautiful desert photography on tile and ceramic (among other items) that you have to see to believe, a friend in California who is sending some fantastic mosaics our way and most recently two great ladies in SWEDEN--quilt artists, with a very unique and etheral quality to their work that is so beautiful on screen I can't imagine how it will look in person. Not only are we being blessed with the beautiful work of these people, but I have made such wonderful friends in the process- learning about their lives and their families....this really is just "one world" that we all share and for such a very short time. I am very grateful for this "new" tool that I have that lets me talk to and "meet" these great friends-I know they have enriched my life and I hope in some small way I can do the same for them.

1 comment:

gunnelsvensson said...

I have try before to give comments here, I ´ll see if it works now ?!
Thanks for your nice word of me :)I am very busy now to sat prices, oh, this is the hardest, and take photos and put in a box, so soon I will send it for you !!!

Gunnel :-)

About Me

happily married 20 yrs., 5 children, dogs(5), cats(6), parrotts(2).