Thursday, September 18, 2008

Goodbye Ike !

WOW ! this bad weather thing really sucks !
I can tell you this- i would never have made it "way-back-when", or with the Amish. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way a girly- girl type or anything like that but not having electricity- BAD....I LIKE my hot food hot. I LIKE my cold food cold. I LIKE to take comfortable showers with a light ON. (unless it's that one time a year and my husband and i decide... oh wait -- this isn't that kind of website is it ?!)I LIKE air conditioning---YOU KNOW what i mean....
my kids were fighting, my dogs were whining, I was miserable....and that was just in the first 6 hours....man oh man---we would be in BIG trouble if there was a REAL emergency....well...the way i figure it, not much to worry about at my house- we'll all kill each other before the food goes bad and we die of starvation.....
THANK GOODNESS FOR ELECTRICITY. GOOD-BYE IKE !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow is right lee and i walked into krogers in lancaster to get some milk and of course they were running on a generator but just imagine throwing all that food away my god what a shame giant see through trash bags those women were filling with all the melting popsicles ice-cream bon-bons another isle trash bags filled with cheeses, yogurts, butters, eggs, meats, frozen pizza's everything some produce and even CHEESECAKES that was the straw. no really it was so weird i have never experienced anything like that, that i can remember even the blizzard of 78 i was living on island of guam mom said people are burning their furniture to stay warm that was hard for me to comprehend living on a tropical island. so we got a taste of what those poor soles down south went through. but we didn't loose our power i was grateful for that. some are still without. anyway yes goodbye ike.. always remember and never forget the night the lights went out in baltimore and how the wind blew
bonnie in baltimore

About Me

happily married 20 yrs., 5 children, dogs(5), cats(6), parrotts(2).